Job Summary: The Inventory Control Technician Lead is responsible for managing dispensary inventory by conducting daily audits, tracking, and distribution of product. Responsibilities include accounting and reporting of inventory surplus, waste, returns, and damages while abiding by strict compliance guidelines established by company policies and procedures. Technician Lead will report to the Dispensary Retail Manager and will oversee the management of the Inventory Control Technician while also working closely with the retail staff to assist in overall store operations. The Inventory Control Technician Lead is responsible for the management and fulfillment of in-store and online orders in a timely and compliant manner. This role also manages the menu for the location, focusing on the most accurate and up to date information to be provided to our patients.
- Lead for monitoring and maintaining inventory levels of product, including assortment of available products and ancillary products.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of products and strains in the store, as well as a general awareness of cannabis and retail trends to help create innovative and adaptive strategies. Work closely with grower-processors to understand and learn about their products.
- Responsible for managing and fulfilling all orders, including online orders, while tracking accurately within control systems to ensure compliance.
- Manage incoming vendor deliveries and the mapping of products in POS system confirming accuracy of inventory transport manifest and vault storage compliance with business SOPs and state regulations.
- Oversees all menus including in-store and online to ensure that products are available to customers.
- Responsible for accurately recording, tracking, and maintaining all inventory related data through internal management software while working with General Management to reconcile any discrepancies.
- Communicate with Inventory Control Technician regarding any inventory control action items, and manage all complicacy regulations, safety measures, security issues, and legal matters.
- Complete state mandated system training and company required internal training to ensure understanding of compliance procedures for tracking, maintaining written/electronic logs, documents, and inventory reporting in relation to federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Lead for maintaining inventory controls to conduct weekly inventory spot checks, monthly inventory reviews, and annual comprehensive inventories of products while taking accountability for completion of records in a timely manner
- Work with the General Manager to meet all regulatory requirements. Correct all violations with a sense of urgency.
- Work with General Management to ensure standards are met and enhance inventory management, such as ways to reduce discrepancies.
- Assist in training staff on general awareness of cannabis and retail trends to help create innovative and adaptive strategies. Work closely with grower-processors to understand and learn about their products. As well as train and update staff on inventory processes and procedures.
- Drive a culture of positive employee engagement with a strong focus on inclusion & diversity
- May be called upon to act as Shift Manager as needed, including cash management, and opening/closing the store
- Maintain detailed and accurate record keeping developing inventory reporting on a regular basis.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Do not allow secure areas to be breached
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in the cannabis industry desirable, but not required
- 2+ years of experience in inventory management or related field
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control a plus
- Must be 21 years old and pass a comprehensive criminal background check
- Must be able to work weekends and some holidays
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computing skills with ability to prepare routine administrative reports
- Innate desire to achieve success while working in a team environment
- Ability to critically think, analyze, and problem solve without direction
- High level of integrity with strong work ethic and time management skills
- Ability to manage high-stress situations and to be flexible and adaptable when required
- Proper employment documentation and authorized to work in the US
*The above requirements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description may be amended at any time. Required experience, training, or educational requirements shall be as indicated or as deemed acceptable by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Management Experience 2+ years
- Experience in presenting ideas, data and plans to management/executive level contacts
- Must be able to occasionally lift items up to 40 lbs
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time