BestBuds is proud to partner with Mid-Atlantic States Career and Education Center (MASCEC) to offer FREE expungement services. Contact us today to learn how to get your record cleared of past nonviolent cannabis offenses.
We are able to offer assistance with the expungement process. Please complete the contact form below and we will reach out to assist.
Anyone who was convicted only of the offenses listed below should attend this workshop. Certain convictions can be expunged immediately, see below.
The courts have expunged the cases of anyone convicted or adjudicated delinquent if your case has only one of these three offenses:
- N.J.S.A. 2C:35-5(b)(12) – Distribution of marijuana less than 1 ounce or hashish less than 5 grams
- N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10(a)(3) – Possession of more than 50 grams of marijuana, or more than 5 grams of hashish
- N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10(a)(4) – Possession of 50 grams or less of marijuana, or 5 grams or less of hashish
The courts have expunged other marijuana and hashish cases as well. If the case included only one of the above offenses AND any of the below offenses, it was expunged:
- N.J.S.A. 2C:36-2 – Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10(b) – Use or Being Under Influence of Controlled, Dangerous Substance
- N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10(c) – Failure to Make Lawful Disposition of Controlled, Dangerous Substance
If a person was convicted of another offense, for example, assault, burglary, theft, etc., or a another drug besides marijuana, we will not be able to help them. They may still be eligible for expungement based on existing laws, but it would be a traditional expungement outside the scope of this workshop.
Attendees should bring as much information about their prior arrest/conviction as possible.
For example, copies of complaints, judgment of conviction, dates of plea, dates of sentencing, plea agreements, legal counsels name and phone number, prosecutor’s name and phone number, etc.